The Electricity Alliance North (EAN) is one of six alliances delivering National Grid’s £2.8 billion programme to upgrade the electricity transmission network and facilitate the connection of the new infrastructure. The delivery partners for this programme include J Murphy and Sons Ltd, Siemens and PB Power.
There was a requirement to promote competent working on EAN sites and to help give staff the tools to be proactive in maintaining safety on site, which is where Mosaic came in.
Having Mosaic on site has ensured:
- All staff are competent at all time to undertake all aspects of the roles they have been assigned
- There are round the clock reporting of who is on site and what they are competent to do
Benefits for the delivery partners include:
- The ability to maintain comprehensive competence specifications for job roles and site specific requirements. These are determined by a combination of legal obligations, client requirements, industry expectations and specific contractor’s demands.
- The ability to swipe in and out of briefings and toolbox talks helping save time and paper.
- The ability to manage output reports with specific details.
- Identifying skill gaps and training needs quickly and easily, reducing the amount of paperwork and resources used in maintaining records.
- Highlighting upcoming expiration date for industry and legally required accreditations and training.
- Accurate recording of who is on site and when – vital for fast evacuation in emergency situations.
- Reporting of data used to accurately report on business KPI’s.
- Helping National Grid to fulfil its commitment to the ENA initiative Powering Improvement
Rob Houghton, People and Development manager at the EAN comments:
“We chose Mosaic because we wanted a flexible and dynamic solution to competence management. We had seen it being used very successfully at other sites including London Power Tunnels and the functionality was excellent.”